Why Am I Not Hungry [12 Day ReBOOT Q&A]
Here are the answers to a few questions I received on the LIVE Q&A Session for those on the 12-Day ReBOOT that started Monday. These are great questions and surprisingly common ones.
There’s two ways to share your questions (beginning immediately):
1. Visit the FullStrength Facebook page… [Like] it and ask away.
2. Post your Question in the comment field below.
Here’s one of the Questions I’ve received this week from Jason L., a ReBOOT’er from NY:
Q: Why am I not hungry?
Seriously, I’m on Day #5 of the Reboot and it seems like I’m eating so much lighter but I don’t have the sort of hunger that I would expect.
A: The TOP 3 things going on here…
Great question Jason…. Thanks.
There are a few things going on that have a direct affect on your hunger. Here are the Top 3.
1. Hunger is often triggered by the wild fluctuation of blood-sugar and insulin levels. When you eat something that sends your BS (blood sugar) up, your insulin responds, pushes it down and hunger is the result. Often it’s a hunger that you can’t even begin to control. It takes you over and your rational mind is absent.
The Full Strength nutrition shake you’re doing daily is specifically designed to regulate and stabilize your blood-sugar, minimizing the insulin hyper-response. It’s low Glycemic response and gradual release of energy and nutrients, create a sort of “insulin momentum” making it easier to maintain healthy eating and positive energy all day long.
In support of this stable energy state, the ReBOOT helps you eliminate all the sneaky sugars in your life that are constantly, unknowingly jacking your BS / Insulin up. It’s not a deprivation diet but an elimination of triggering foods.
2. Because the ReBOOT is not a deprivation diet, you are free to eat healthy amounts of food. And while you may not be used to eating this amount of vegetables and greens, the ReBOOT naturally redirects your eating to options which are quite filling. The fiber of the vegetables supports the BS/insulin control we talk about above too, thus controlling and even eliminating hunger that you might have become used to with any diet.
3. Hunger is in your head. Yeah, I know… this is where it gets a bit tricky but follow me here.
On a day-to-day basis you may find yourself hungry–seemingly out of the blue. All the sudden you’ve gotta eat! That’s all there is to it. This is can happen, and often does, when you’re simply not managing your nutrition. You are simply letting hungry drive the need to eat and even ignoring that as long as you can. You’ve relegated your nutrition to the back seat, or even further back.
When you bring more intention and attention to your eating, when you are active thinking about and planning your nutrition/eating even a little bit, that all changes. Suddenly, you’re not being blind-sided by hunger and out of control cravings. It’s a powerful, dramatic different that awareness makes.
Hit Me with Your Question?
I’m ready… let’s have it. Whether you’re in the ReBOOT or thinking about getting your ReBOOT on, you’re welcome to share your questions here:
Post your question on the FullStrength/Facebook wall
Leave your Question in the Comments field below: